Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Why?

Why create one more blog, when I do not regulary post on the other two? Well, why not? I like taking pictures. That does not mean I am very good at that. Cataracts in my eyes prevent me seeing the camera display clearly when I am in open or in broad daylight, which of course does not help. (Ironically, I felt most helpless due to it while taking pictures of Niagara Falls from the boat ride - at the sight of the greatest Cataracts. It will be digression from the topic, but one more irony struck me when I saw drinking water at an exorbitant price there - at a place where 20% of the world's fresh water flows. Enough of ironies for now!).

Having said that, in last few days I visited some wonderful places - places you have to experience. Their photos is the closest I can get to describe; trying to describe them in words is beyond me.(How can you describe indescribable?). The other reason for starting this blog is a way of storing them.(I wish I had posted all the pictures that I took at my native place. I lost them forever when my laptop was stolen.)Of course there are hundreds of sites that offer this facility, but somehow I would prefer to have them along with my other blogs. After all, blogs are for narrating one's experiences and thoughts - in words or otherwise.

2 comments:

Simi said...

photoblogs are interesting. and yes... pictures speak more than words.

precisely why i started a separate photoblog...

congrats on winning the best marathi blog...

Wasant said...

Nandan, are chhan aahe tuze paan. Arizonala mee paN jaauun aalo paN Sadona baghayala weL nahi urala. mag fakt Grand Canyon pahile. afaaT aahe. thanks. kawita jamalyat kee post kareen mazya blog war.